While it can be said that today's bombardment of technology and mobile devices often lead to energy imbalance, there's an interesting question of whether we can actually use devices to help in healing. When we are feeling stressed or under emotional turmoil, we are not always in the right place or have the time to undergo extensive healing therapy. A personal, mobile healing option may be the solution we need when we're in a fix.
So how can we facilitate healing when the method seems so counterintuitive? There's actually an emerging industry for apps and online practices that you can try right away. Instead of the normal disruption that often accompany mobile devices, these tools work to facilitate calm, nurturing, healing, and balance.
Mobile Apps for Healing
Mobile apps can provide the perfect on-the-go solution for those who need healing therapies right at their fingertips.
- bNirvana: Guided Meditations for Mindfulness - This meditation app guides users through mindfulness practices to make users relax and relieve stress. The app provides different sessions to help you meditate and recover from emotional distress and even improve sleep, and feel happier.
- Solfeggio by Sonalkiss - This app (iOS only) uses the Solfeggio tones to help aid in sonic healing and holistic therapy. The app lets you control the amplitude of the 9 tones to either simultaneously or individually use the tones that affect different properties of the mind and body.
- Brainwaves Binaural Beats - Another tonal usage app is the Brainwaves Binaural Beats app which allows users to listen to soothing ambient sounds that utilize isochronic tones and the binaural beats to help relaxation, stress relief, and anxiety, or even focus, memory, and confidence.
At Home Tools for Healing
When you have a bit more time to relax or try therapy at home, there are several tools now available on the market to help you in a basic level of healing. These devices are useful for those who need a short-term solution or feel unbalanced on a day-by-day basis. If you are in need of CAM therapy but are unable to access a practitioner regularly or immediately, these tools can aid your healing in the meantime.
- Bioptron Color Light Therapy - This light therapy tool utilizes the seven colors of the chakras to bring balance back into your body and mind. Color therapy can be very effective for a number of ailments, and use of an at-home color light therapy can be beneficial for your overall wellbeing, helping to restore your energy and bring balance to your chakras.
- Aromatherapy Diffusers - Aromatherapy is one of the most well-known and widely used therapies at home for relaxation and stress relief. While candles and incense can be effective, new technologies are available for better aromatherapy delivery and can be more sustainable. Different scents help to relax different parts of the mind and spirit, and diffusers can often combine scents and aromas as well.
- Portable Sound Therapy Devices - While sound therapy mobile apps can be a great solution for travel, an actual device that can fill your home with healing sounds and tones may be an even better solution. Use sound therapy to relax and relieve stress after work, while you fall asleep, or in the mornings when your day begins.
While you may need to seek a longterm solution or a therapist to guide you in your healing journey, at-home and mobile technology are increasingly improving in their methodology for healing. Though modern technology can disrupt our lives and cause imbalance, we can reclaim their use for a positive effect, and benefit from these new ways of delivering healing therapies.
Image: Adobe Stock © vege